Gmail’s label system able to categorize your emails with labels in order for you to sort your email by different type of labels. With this tricks, you can easily organize mailbox by topic from a bunch of emails coming to you every day. To set, just simply create a mail filter and apply with specific labels to new message that meet the filter’s rules, for example the sender’s name. Here is the way to automatically assign the label to incoming message from specific sender.
Here how to setting Gmail automatically label incoming emails
- Log into your Gmail account, go to Setting in the top right corner and click Setting
- In the Setting page, go to Labels tab
- Scroll down and find for Create new label, click on it
- Name the label and click A new brand label has been created.
- Then go to Filters and Blocked Addresses – > Create a new filter
- It will pop up a dialog box, you can fill in the info you want to filter likes the email address for the senders you want to assign under this filter and label. Then click Click filter with this search at the bottom right corner of the box.
- In the next screen, don’t forget check the box Apply the label, and choose a label from the drop down list which you created before.
- Once done, click the Create filter tab
Now the incoming emails send from specific setting senders will be automatically labels. If you want to remove or modify the setting in future, you may just go to Filter and blocked addresses tab in your Gmail, edit or delete the filter in the list change the behavior.
You can share or follow us on Twitter, Pinterest, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest info from Microsoft, Google, Apple iOS, and Android.